Facebook Dating Login – Learn How to Create a Unique Dating Profile on Facebook App
Have you tried other dating apps and ended up with the wrong relationships, or you do not have control over your privacy, or that must common features to help you connect and build healthy relationships are premium packages? If it is a Yes, then this is the right time for you to try the new Facebook dating.
The New Facebook dating is a dating community inside the Facebook app account – that allows you to connect with people of class, with your choice of preference, with your privacy intact and fully controlled by you.
You will be able to create a special profile Dating on Facebook account that is totally different from the main Facebook profile account. And you have full control on who and which group should see you on Facebook dating.
Most premium features on popular dating apps like Tinder, Plenty of Fish, and the rest of them, are free on Facebook. In other words, Facebook dating is FREE!
Learn more here to see why Facebook is far better and more preferable by millions of users.
Key features of Facebook Dating
- You can add your Instagram posts to your profile in Facebook Dating.
- You can opt into Events and Groups to see people with similar interests, though, remember, you will also be visible to them.
- You can share details of date – with your live location – via a friend on Facebook Messenger, to ensure you feel safer on a date.
- By the end of the year, Facebook will make it possible to add Facebook and Instagram Stories to your dating profile, too.
How To Login Facebook Dating
Well, make sure you have the recent Facebook app, I have on this page different facebook app download links you may want to use.
Step 1: Once you have the Facebook app on a smartphone, open the app and log in.
Step 2: The Dating feature appears as its own tab within the app. Tap on the three lines that lead to Friends, Groups, Marketplace, etc.
Step 3: The Dating menu is there with a heart icon. Tap that.
Step 4: The first time you tap, it’ll lead you to a welcome screen. The screens have Facebook’s classic graphics in pink & red.
- At the top right is their “Safety Tips”. Tap that to see how to stay safe using the app.
- The bottom text assures you of the privacy of using Dating.
- Tap “Get Started” to begin creating your profile.
Step 5: The final screen confirms the dating profile is separate from your standard profile.
It has an option to edit privacy settings. Under the privacy settings is a toggle switch. This toggle sets who will see the dating profile. Either allowing friends of friends to view your dating profile or strangers only.
Step 6: Then, select your gender. Immediate options include Woman and Man.
- There’s a square to select “Let’s be more specific”. Additional options include trans-man, trans-women, and non-binary.
- Select potential matches on the next screen. Decide who interests you. You can pick exclusively men or women. You can also select “Everyone.” This will highlight all 3 selections.
Step 7: Specify a Dating Location. The Dating App uses Facebook’s location services.
Location isn’t automatically updated for Dating. You can change your location within the “preferences” section of the app.
Step 8: Choose your pictures. The app suggests a featured photo. There’s an option to change the photo. You can use either Facebook pictures or a new upload from your camera roll or gallery.
Step 9: After you set a featured photo, review the profile. Take a second to confirm the settings. Name and Age are automatic from your Facebook profile. You can edit the remaining details later. Tap “Confirm”
Step 10: After confirming basic details, next, submit additional information.
If you tap “Complete ProfileManually” then it’ll go into a screen with your main featured photo you selected above, your first name and age will be displayed. Then you can manually type in 3 sentences, 3 words, or 3 emojis to describe yourself, then select more pictures.
Step 11: If you tap “Preview Suggested Profile” from the screen above, it’ll pull some of your “about” information from your main Facebook account:
- Job, Education, and Hometown. Filling in additional details is optional.
- Top right is “Preview” to scope out how your profile will look to others.
- Scroll down further to see more options…
Step 12: When you scroll down you can select from the pictures you already have uploaded on your main account.
- You can add up to 8 more photos and answer ice breaker questions.
- Users can write a 500 character intro about themselves.
- I suggest using one really nice photo of you with makeup, one natural without, and one somewhere in between.
- Tapping “Done” will take you to potential matches.
Step 13: On the main Dating App screen are three options across the top. Those options are the main features for finding love. They are:
- The settings wheel on the top right to edit details and general settings.
- Matches who’ve “Liked You,”.
- Current “Conversations.”
The main screen presents a profile, with either an X or a heart icon. This is Facebook’s version of swiping.
Tapping the heart icon will “like” a profile and the next sequences will start with this new connection:
- Photos and answers to icebreaker questions have a text bubble icon. You can use that icon to send a message.
- Respond directly to an answer or photo.
- Start a chat to say you have the same idea of a perfect day. Or, that you love the cafe they posted on Instagram.
Finding a match
While setting up your Facebook dating profile, you will be ask to specify your gender and the gender(s) of the people you are interested in matching with on the service.
You’ll see inclusive gender options like cis woman, trans woman, cis man, trans man, and non-binary person, and you can select whether you’re interested in everyone, women, men, trans women, or trans men.
And note that none of this information will be shared with potential matches.
You’ll only be suggested to others who’ve opted into Facebook Dating, and people will be suggested to you based on your preferences, interests, and “other things you do on Facebook”. You will see friends of friends and people not in your friend circle.
The most interesting part of if all is that Facebook Dating will never match you with your Facebook friends – unless you both add each other to your “Secret Crush” lists.
Connecting with a match
If you are interested in someone, there is no swiping involved, You just comment directly on their Facebook Dating profile or tap on the “Like” button to alert the person that you have interest.
However, you can pass if you aren’t interested of the person.
Was this page helpful?
I am Emmy Nwabuzor, the co-founder of Dailyaim Limited and EmysHub.com. Since 2006 my primary focus remains on Tech and digital marketing. I research, coach, and make available every successful tips and news to the public via EmysHub blog.