Creating a new Gmail account is so simple and it is free. Gmail is one of the most prefered email services. you can send and receive emails, block spams, create an address book, and also perform other basic email tasks.
But there are still more unique features you may like to know about.
Among all Google services, Gmail is the most popular one because whenever you’re signed in to Gmail, it means you are automatically signed in to your Google account. Which also means you’ll be able to easily have access to other Google services like Google Docs, Calendar, Youtube, Google Playstore, and more.
You don’t have to create a seperate account before gaining access to those Google services. Because your Gmail ID or address and password already grant you access to login.
On this page you will be learning how to create a new Gmail account and also learn about the Google Gmail features.
Requirements for A New Gmail Sign Up Email Account
- Your Phone number
- A new username that will also be your gmail address.
- A new password for logging into your gmail inbox and other google accounts.
- An alternative email address (optional) to help your always recover your account whenever you lose your login password.
…and nothing more.
But while filling out your Google profile your full name, date of birth, and gender will also be required.
If you already have a Google Gmail account and you want to login – Click Here
How to Create a New Gmail for Free
This step will show how to create a new Gmail account that ends with @gmail.com.
- open your browser and go to www.gmail.com main page
- Click “Create account”
In some cases, a drop-down comes next (after clicking on “Create account”) to select the purpose for the account you want to create; either for yourself or a Gmail to manage your business. Select the best option for you.
- Complete the form. Start by filling in; your full name, your username
– Your Full name
– create a new username: Your Google username becomes the part of the email address that comes before @gmail.com. A times the username you select may not be available, then Google will suggest for you to select or you keep trying your personal options till you get the available one you like to use as your Google username ID.
– Create a new password: it is better to mix up your password with symbols, upper and lower cases – to make it strong and unpredictable by account hijackers. Learn more about how to create a strong password here.
4. You’ll then be requested to enter your phone number. The same phone number you will be receiving verification to confirm your account.
Confirm your phone number is entered correctly. Then click “Next”.
- Google will be sending a verification code to your phone number that you have provided. You can request again for the code if you didn’t receive it after few about 5mins.
or you may decide to use the “Call instead” option; Google service will call you and call out the code repeatedly. Both options are available for you to explore to get your phone number virfied on your Google account.
- Now you’ll fill out more information about you. Enter your date of birth and gender.
But in the aspect of “Gender”, if you’re Creating a New Gmail for your business then you won’t have to select any gender, instead, you click others and you will fill in again “company” or “business” depending on your choice.
Then click “Next” to proceed.
- Google is seeking your permission to optin for a more interesting feature which it will be using your Phone number to optimize to your possible interest.
This includes using your phone number to receive video calls and messages, for google ads and other relevant services you may like.
Click on “Yes, I’m in” to option/accept this option.
- Go through the Google Gmail terms and condition or go straight and click on “I agree” to finish your new gmail Sign Up email account process.
- At this point, your Google Gmail account is open and you are login in already.
Welcome to your Google Gmail inbox. Now you can start sending out and receiving messages, save your files in your Gmail , schedule messages and more.
You can now share your email address with your friends to enable them reach out to you via email address.
Google Gmail account Features
- Spam filtering. Spam is another name for junk email. Gmail uses advanced technologies to keep spam out of your inbox. Most spam is automatically sent to a separate spam folder, and after 30 days it is deleted.
- Conversation View. An email conversation occurs whenever you send emails back and forth with another person (or a group of people), often about a specific topic or event. Gmail groups these emails together by default, which keeps your inbox more organized.
- Built-in chat. you are not limited to sending just mails from your email inbox, you can send someone an instant message or use the voice and video chat feature if your computer has a microphone and/or webcam.
- Built-in Instant Conference Meeting. Before now it was only for Gsuite, which is the premium Google Gmail account. But now, you can start or join the meeting from your Gmail and its free. In the meeting, you can share screen and files, chat and more, Learn about Google Meet here.
- Call Phone. This feature is similar to voice chat, except that it allows you to dial an actual phone number to call any phone in the world. It’s free to make a call to anywhere in the United States or Canada, and you can make calls to other countries at relatively low rates.
Was this page helpful?
Use the comment box below to join discussion.