Searching for an easy and secure wallet to save, buy and sell your cryptocurrencies? Then you’re on the right page to learn how to create and fund your luno account. Also on this page, you will see how to create a wallet address for each crypto you want to transact on.
Luno Currencies and Payment Methods
Luno supports the buying and selling of the following cryptocurrencies:
- Bitcoin (BTC)
- Ethereum (ETH)
- Ripple (XRP)
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH)
- Litecoin (LTC)
Luno accepts the following fiat currencies:
- Euro (EUR)
- Indonesian Rupiah (IDR)
- Malaysian Ringgit (MYR)
- Nigerian Naira (NGN)
- South African Rand (ZAR)
- Zambian Kwacha (ZMW)
- Polish Złoty (PLN)
- Ugandan Shilling (UGX)
- British Pound (GBP)
Luno accepts the following payment methods:
- Debit / Credit card (EUR) SEPA (EUR) Bank transfer (IDR and NGN) Interbank Giro / IBFT (MYR)
- Card deposit (NGN)
- Paystack (NGN)
- GTBank transfer (NGN)
- EFT (ZAR)
- Cash deposit penalty (ZAR)
- iDeal (EUR) Sofort (EUR)
- Flutterwave (NGN)
please note that different payment methods have different fees incorporated within them, so make sure to double-check before completing a deposit.
Supported Countries Luno is open to the following countries:
- The Isle of Man,
- San Marino,
- The United Kingdom,
- South Africa
How to Create a New luno Crypto Wallet Account
There are two posible options to create a new luno account; either create through luno mobile phone or web.
To sign up luno account from a web means to access the main website. And you can use a mobile phone (not luno app) and the computer browser to achieve this.
luno Download for PC
There isn’t a luno app for PC at the moment. Unlike Binance Wallet that has app across all mobile OS specifications and PC (windows and Mac) – Learn more about Binance here.
But luno may also decide to have luno app for pc as time goes on. More update will be posted on this page if their is any annoicement as regard to luno PC app.
luno Wallet app download for Mobile
The luno wallet app runs on both iPhone (iOS) and Android. It is a common app and easy to identify.
It is more faster and secure transacting cryptocurrencies from a mobile phone.
Everything done through the website can also be done in the app – buying, selling and saving Crypto.
The mobile helps you keep tracks and fast on taking any actions you want. Use the link below to download the latest luno app for mobile;
Information Needed to Create a luno Wallet Account
Depending the option you prefer to sign up with.
You can either sign up filling out the form. Which means providing fresh information or sign up with your social account.
You can either use your Facebook account or Google account to sign up; is faster, but your social account information will be pulled will automatically be use create a luno account profile. Learn more about using third party account to sign up other accounts here.
You also need the following information to create luno account successfully;
- Phone number
- Full names
- Document of identification (could be an ID card or bank details, depending your country)
luno Account Signup through Web -www.luno.com
Remember this process of registration means accessing the luno sign up form/portal via mobile or computer browser.
- Go to luno main website on – https://www.luno.com/
- You will see the sign up button on the page. Click on it.
- Enter your email address and password you’ll be using to login luno account.
- then check the box below if you want to be receiving email notification and promos news. To keep you up-to-date.
Then click on SIGN UP to submit the luno account sign up form.
- Log in to the email, open the message sent by luno and click on the link to verify your luno account registration.
The verification email sent by luno should be like this;
You will be redired to a think you page, letting you know that you have confirmed your account successfully.
Now, click CONTINUE to login to your luno account.
Now you can login to luno account with your email address and password.
luno Account Signup using a Third Party Account
Simple, fast and staight. You won’t have to fill out any registration form using a Third Party Account to sign up.
- Click on the account you wish to use (either Facebook or Google)
- You should see a pop-up to login to your social account (if you aren’t logged in before).
- Then you read through the permission notice and Allow the connection/link of your social and luno account.
And that’s all!
Now you can go into your luno account profile to start editing, replacing and adding any information you want.
luno Login Wallet Account to complete Sign Up Process
You can login upon confirming your account, clicking the CONTINUE button redirects to luno login page.
or you can as well visit the main page www.luno.com and click on SIGN IN then enter your email address and click the NEXT button.
The next page will be to enter your password and click the NEXT button to completely gain access into your luno account.
Now, a 4-digit PIN will be sent to your email to confirm your login
Next, your mobile phone number is required to provide. Luno uses it to alert you for security reseasons. So make sure you enter a phon number you have full access to.
Enter the code in the box once it arrives in your phone SMS inbox. You can even request for a new code or prefer they call you and call out the code for you while you input in the box.
The luno Account Signup is not yet done, but almost. So keep following the steps to complete yours.
Setting up luno Profile Account
Next is to set up your profile account.
Please note that you’ll also go through this process if you sign up luno with any of the preferred social account.
You should see a page like the image below, requesting you set up your profile information to enable you start using luno wallet.
Click on SET UP PROFILE to continue.
You may be wondering why this much form to fill, well, luno need to get to know you really well because they are following global compliance standards and requirements.
Make sure you fill out the form correctly and provide the necessary document for upload.
On “Your available identity document”, click the drop-down bar to select the best documet you want to love to use.
And note that document requirement depends on the country you’re creating luno account from.
Go through the information and ensure is accurate, then click the NEXT button below the form to proceed.
Finally, a small pop-up shows on the screen to confirm for the last time that every details you provided are correct.
Check the box that”All my details are correct“, then click CONFIRM.
But you can go back to the previous page by clicking on EDIT INFO.
Congratulations! You’ve just completed your luno account registration and ready to start using your account for savings, withdrawal and treading crypto.
At this point, You can click on BUY to start buying the crypto of your choice or click on NOT NOW to redirect to your luno dashboard account.
From your dashboard you can start buying any available cryptocurrenies you want to save or trade. And that leads us into the next topic; How to buy any crypto of your choice on luno wallet.
How to Start Buying any Cryptocurrency on Luno Wallet Account
In order to start buying any of the available cryptocurrencies in Luno wallet you have to create a wallet for that crypto.
Which mean you will create a wallet ID for BTC if that’s the Crypto you want to fund.
And I have created a wallet ID for Ripple (XRP) using the methods below.
Step One: Create a new Wallet Address
Thus, I funded my account during the wallet address creation. But you can either decide doing the same or fund your account first.
So lets get started!
- On the main page of your luno account, click on Wallets menu at the top of the page.
- Click on Add a new wallet.
- Then click on the Crypto wallet you like to create. You should see the list of luno’s supported crypto wallets.
- Then click on CREATE WALLET
- You will see your account balance. Now, click on RECEIVE. You should see the transaction menu just above your balance. Now a pop-up below the page, click “Create new address”.
- Now, give your wallet a new name address, and click on CREATE
- Now you will get a confirmation screen that “Your respective crypto address has a tag“.
This is a unique number that helps luno ensure you receive your crypto fund. You can always share your wallet address and tag.
Then click NEXT
Step Two: Time to Deposit or Add/Fund Money to Your Luno Wallet
- You should get a notification to Deposit fund into your Luno account to enable you to buy the crypto you desire. Click on DEPOSIT MONEY
- You will be redirected to the payment options page to select how you like to add money to your luno wallet.
Select a preferred method to add
- On selecting (clicking) the next page will request that you enter the amount to add to your luno wallet and click NEXT
- You should see on the screen the luno charges. Click on CONTINUE TO THE PAYMENT GATEWAY POSTAL.
- Now complete the payment process. Here your card details and request. Once you have completed the form, click on the PAY button to submit.
- Now you will get a confirmation screen that your money is added.
Step Three: Now Its Time to Buy Your Cryptocurrency
- Now from the Luno’s home page, click on the crypto type you want to buy, then click on “Own amount” – if the amount isn’t listed.
- Then click BUY
- Then select the wallet you want to pay from. Of course, is the luno wallet that you just funded.
- Then enter the amount you want to spend from your wallet (that you funded) and click NEXT.
- You should see a final screen showing the amount of crypto you’ll receive, luno’s service charge and the amount to spend; click on CONFIRM once you’re good with it.
Congratulations!, now you just added fund, created a wallet address, and bought a crypto.
How to Login Luno Wallet Account – After Sign up
- Visit the official website – www.luno.com or from your mobile phone App
- Then click on SIGN IN
- Enter your email address, click/tap the NEXT button.
- Then a 4-digit Pin will be sent either to your email address or via SMS, depending on your preferred option. Type the PIN in the box.
- Your account automatically loads up for you.
Now, you’ve successfully logged into your luno wallet account.
How to Make Money with luno Wallet Account
There are platforms that allow you mine, do savings, and other activities to enable you to earn more money and cryptos (You can see here>> how to earn BTC mining with CryptoTab Browser).
But luno wallet isn’t like that. I won’t dispute the fact that luno is a safe wallet to store cryptocurrencies for as long as you can. But there is no way of giving back to users.
Like Binance wallet, there you can decide to push your money (cryptos) into savings and mining to earn annually. Learn more about Binance wallet here>>
There are several ways of making money with cryptos (which I’ve listed them here) and savings is one of it.
So the way you can make always make money with luno wallet is buying and stocking cryptos when the prices are low. Then You resell once the price is high.
For example; some of my colleagues that bought BTC at late last year when it was about $3,000 dollars/1 BTC now have sold and still selling because the price of BTC has increased even more than 4X higher than the purchase price. So this is one of the ways of making money – “Stocking” or also called “Savings”.
And, since luno is your prefered wallet account, is one of the fastest platforms that allows buying and sell cryptos in a click.
Not just that, you can sell and send/transfer to your local bank account. That is luno wallet for you! Easy to use.
That is how to make money with luno wallet account from anywhere in the world.