You can complete the Outlook Mail Registration in 8 simple steps. And this page will guide you through the Outlook.com new account sign up. I also have discussed the difference between Outlook.com and Hotmail.com, how to write an email on outlook.com, how to schedule emails and many more you should learn to help you master the use of Microsoft Outlook Email account.
The Outlook.com is a free email service own and manage by Microsoft, it also offers a premium Outlook account option.
But with With a free Outlook.com account, you can access your email, calendar, tasks, and contacts from anywhere and anytime and from any device you have an internet connection.
Free Outlook Email Registration Guide
Now that you’re ready to start the outlook email registration, the steps below will guide you through
- Open your browser, type in www.outlook.com to open Outlook email sign up page, then click on “Create free account“
- Enter a username: Your Microsoft username becomes the part of the email address that comes before @outlook.com or @hotmail.com.
Then click on the arrow and select either @outlook.com or @hotmail.com – you prefer to use as your email extension (to end with).
Then click “Next” to go further.
- Create your password. Make sure you use a strong password you will always remember and that no one can guess right. Learn more about creating a strong password here.
Click “Next” to complete this stage after creating your password is correctly entered.
Note that you can go back to the previous page (where you created your outlook username) by clicking the back-ward arrow beside your outlook email at the top of the form.
- Enter your “first” and “last name” in the fields provided, then select “Next“.
- Then choose your Country/region, enter your Birthdate, then select “Next“.
- Enter the characters from the CAPTCHA image, then select Next.
- At this point, Outlook will process your account and display a welcome screen.
- Now you can open your new Outlook.com account on the web and mobile devices.
Download Outlook Email App for Android and iOS
Open your app store of your respective device and search for outlook. Then tap on it to download and complete the installation process.
Although, I have also provded the official link to direct you straight to your Mobile app store to download Outlook email app now
Click the “Download” button below to download Outlook App for Android
Click on the “Download” link below to download the official Outlook app for iOS
The same Outlook Email Registration steps apply on mobile app.
Login Outlook Email Account
You need your Microsoft Outlook username (or email) or phone number and password to login. The same applies to the mobile app too. See the Microsoft Login steps here.
And guess what?
You’ll still enjoy every features on mobile which you get on web. Lets see those features that comes on a free Microsoft outlook email account.
Free Features of Outlook.com Email Account
An Outlook.com email account offers all the features you expect from an email client. Plus it includes:
- A focused inbox for your most important emails.
- Swipe gestures to archive and delete messages.
- The ability to schedule messages to return to your inbox at a specified time.
- An option to pin important messages to the top of your inbox.
- Text-formatting features to personalize your outgoing emails.
Outlook also adds travel itineraries and flight plans from emails to your calendar. It attaches files from Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, and Box. You can even edit Microsft Office files right in your inbox.
The difference between Outlook.com and Hotmail.com
Hotmail is also a part of Microsoft properties since 1996 they acquired it. Before Hotmail was finally released, it went through a sirese of name changes including MSN hotmail and Windows Live Hotmail.
Then in 2013, Micorsoft replaced Hotmail with Outlookk.com in 2013 and that is been the existing Microsoft email till date.
Though users with Hotmail still have the abilities of keeping their Hotmail email address and can access their email client with Outlook.com.
And yes, getting a new Hotmail.com address, that is @hotmail.com is still possible when creating outlook.com email registration.
So, note that the Hotmail.com emails and outlook.com emails are still validly functioning till date.
Was this page helpful?
Join the discussion in the comment box below.