Telegram is a free instant messaging and content sharing platform. It has more advice feature than Whatsapp and Whatsapp Business. You can send messages or file conetnts to individals or group of people. Also you can create and follow channels that broadcast mess messages to an unlimited amount of subscribers.
Most businesses uses Telegram for broadcasting because of the unlimited ability of sharing their contents.
What can you create on Telegram?
- You can create a Group of up to 200,000 contants to share content information (like e text messages, voice messages, multimedia files, stickers, and GIFS).
Please note that its each single gorup you create that has a limited number of up to 200,000 contants.
On group, people can also comment by sharing their own thoughts and content.
- You can create Channel which gives you unlimited contacts to connect with. But on the other hand, your contacts (aso known as subscribers) will not be able to send messages, only you the admin is to be broadcarsting your contents.
What’s the difference between the Telegram Mobile App and Desktop App?
No difference! unlike whatsapp, where you have to connect with a phone and make sure the phone is connected to the internet to enable you use Whatsapp on desktop, Telegram isn’t like that.
Here, once you’ve connected and verified your login, you can carry out the same task you carry out on mobile on desktop too.
What can you do with Telegram?
- Connect from most remote locations.
- Coordinate groups of up to 200,000 members, and unlimited subscribers on Channels.
- Synchronize your chats across all your devices.
- Send documents of any type.
- Encrypt personal and business secrets.
- Destruct your messages with a timer.
- Store your media in the cloud.
- Build your own tools on API.
- Enjoy feedback from your customers.
How does Telegram Works on Desktop?
First, you have to download and install telegram using the Windows installer.
- On first opening, you will need to register with your cell phone number
- Then a verification code will be sent your phone number which expires every 1min. Your account is now created once you enter the code.
- Then you can complete other setups by following the instructions.
On the other hand, whereby you have already created Telegram account and you only want to extend the use on your destop, then;
- One the first opening of the Telegram Desktop App (after downloading and installation), your phone number will be requested.
- Telegram will automatically be detected that you have created an account already, therefore, a code will be sent your to the Official Telegram chat (you can as well request the code to be texted via SMS to you by Telegram)
- Once you input the code, you will automatically be logged in.
That is how Telegram Desktop App login works.
How to Download Telegram Desktop App
You can get the download link from the main Telegram website on www.telegram.org, then select (by clicking) the device you want to install the Telegram Desktop app.
The Telegram App for desktop is available for Windows, Linux, and macOS. You can as well use any of the links below to download Telegram App for Desktop (PC).
The links above enable you to download the latest Telegram Apps for different Operating System. But you can visit desktop.telegram.org to download the older version of Telegram App for desktop.
How secured is Telegram Messenger?
You need to understand that your conversations aren’t encrypted end-to-end by default. Instead, you have to select the “Secret Chat” feature to ensure only the user and the intended recipient can read the message.
Best Telegram Alternatives
- Whatsapp Business
- Facebook Messenger